Construction Training South Wales
Welcome to the Four Construction Training Group
The Four Construction Training Group was formed in 2009 on behalf of the local construction industry to provide training throughout the areas of Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Caerphilly and Bridgend. The group is made up of an executive committee and members who work within the industry.
The sole purpose of the group is to organise and co-ordinate quality and cost effective training to our members. We aim to enhance the competitiveness of current members and endorse the achievement of industry recognised qualifications as well as promoting the need for training by co-operating with local training providers and authorities. The group currently has 47 members and has the potential to expand and welcome other like- minded organisations.
What are the Group Objectives?
The main objective of the group is to assist the member companies to develop and maintain their organisations at a level of competence matching that of national service providers. This is targeted through the identification of training requirements, establishment of an appropriate training schedule and provision of a support service for all group members, primarily focusing on the provision of local training and development courses. Emphasis will be placed on business development activities, with the intention of enabling group members to compete in procurement processes and frameworks. The group will develop a culture of training in the workplace, safeguarding learners and supporting all group members in the workplace.
- To serve and promote the interests of the construction industry at a local level.
- To provide a forum within which training and development can be discussed, developed and implemented to the quality and quantity required by the local industry.
- Maintain effective communications with Association members in the way most appropriate to the individual member needs to promote training and development.
- Maintain effective contact and influence with appropriate external bodies that have a direct impact on Association activity.
- Where possible provide members with a cost effective training brokerage network.
Upcoming Courses & EventsNo Events
Patrick McNamara who is the Director of the Wales Council for Deaf People attended our AGM meeting back in January 2016. Patrick explained how their head office building was in desperate need of refurbishment, sadly with little money to spend on it. Patrick appealed to the group and asked if any of the members could […]
We have added over 20 courses to our Courses & Events page. Please contact the Group Training Officer, Alyson Smith for further information on all courses – firstname.lastname@example.org